Website Personal Assistant part time vacancies supporting adults with learning disabilities. Find out more...
Summary of Role
As a Sambhana Care Personal Assistant we would expect you to offer personalised support and assistance to adults with learning disabilities or autism.
Your duties are to provide supervision of personal and general care similar to that already provided by the carer, so that the regular carer has relief to pursue other activities.
You are required to respect the confidentiality of both the clients and the service and to ensure that the clients independence and safety is always maintained.
Every client has very specific needs and you will be working to a bespoke care plan to suit the clients you visit which could include any of these duties as agreed by the regular carer/statutory services and the Service Manager of Sambhana Care
- Work outside of the home environment including walks and trips to local attractions
- Attend arranged activities such as social groups, classes or other activities
- You may also be required to use your car/public transport in the course of your duties, for which you will be reimbursed.
- Any activity for which the PA has to pay will be paid for by the client
- Duties also can include taking the person (being cared for) out to experience new stimuli e.g. clubs, sporting activities, use of transport, etc.
- You should follow any reasonable request of the regular carer concerning the care of the person with learning disabilities.
Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so we offer genuine flexible hours. The majority of our staff work mornings and or evenings and share weekend cover.
Desirable skills / attributes
Previous experience would be an asset in this role, but it isn’t essential as we will train and support you as you develop your experience within the role. What is more important is that you share our values to ensure our clients are always shown dignity and respect and that you deliver the highest standard of quality care
We need new and experienced personal assistants, and your pay will reflect your qualifications and experience
What can we offer you as an employer?
As part of Sambhana Care you can expect the culture and personal touch that small, local home care agencies provide with the reassurance that being part of a bigger organisation can offer. We can offer you:
- Work in a friendly and supportive team
- Career Development
- Flexible Guaranteed Hours – full time / part time / evenings / days / alternative weekends
- Full Paid Training
- Bank Holiday Pay, Paid Annual Leave, Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Refer a Friend Incentive
To discuss the role further please apply using the form below or contact our friendly office on 01474 358021.